Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day four

I'm laying on my back staring at potolok, thinking. Where did I come from? I must have been somewhere else before this komnata. I'm trying to remember, but it's all blank. Maybe I suffered a brain damage and have amnesia?
Too much thinking leading nowhere is very tiring. I close my eyes.
Suddenly I'm standing outside with some other beings like papa. I'm their size, which should feel strange to me, but it doesn't. A being like papa holds something in his hand, he points it at me. For some reason I'm scared. The thing makes a loud bang, something hits me hard and I'm falling. I scream and open my eyes. I feel glad to be in my komnata.
I'm reasoning: I got hit, fell down and hurt my head. That's why my memory isn't working right, and I can't speak the language of the beings around me. But how could I have been the same size as the being that hit me? And I was standing! That is so weird! O-oh, I know: I wasn't only hit - I was cut in half! That's why I'm so short! I have to wait for my legs to grow back! Obviously, they have just sprouted, that's why they are so tiny and crooked. Yes, it all makes sense now. I wonder how long it would take for the legs to grow back.
To my great delight koshka Murka came to visit me again. She effortlessly jumped over the bars of my cage and sat next to me. "Hello... or privet - how they say it here."
I asked, "You're not the same as the others. Why?"
"I am a cat, that's an entirely different animal from them. They are called grown ups, also known as humans, or people."
"Am I more like you or like them?"
"Like them."
"I suspected that," I sighed - my theory of being cut in half proven correct.
"Why is it when they talk, their mouths move and when you talk yours doesn't?" I asked.
"I have to move my mouth, too, to make them hear me." She demonstrated, "Meow."
"Oh. What does meow mean?"
"Everything. I want to eat. Get off my tail... Meow is the only word I am capable of saying with my mouth."
"I know exactly how you feel! The only sound I can make is waaaaaa."

Babushka came, picked up Murka and threw her down, "Plohaya koshka!"
Then followed the usual boring but necessary changing of the diaper and then drinking moloko.
_____________________________________
Potolok - ceiling
komnata - room
plohaya - bad, feminine
koshka - cat, fem.
moloko - milk
nu - well, so
kak - how
da - yes
horosho - good
pokormi eyo - feed her
net - no
pustj - let
est - (he/she) eats
iz - from
butilochka - little bottle

No comments:

Post a Comment